Full course description
This is a recording from a live event for nurses, nurse practitioners, psychologists, social workers, substance abuse counselors and other health care providers. The recording provides 5 on-line recorded Continuing Nursing Education contact hours, including 2 hours of opiate education required for nurse practitioner prescribing authority.
- Describe the FDA drug oversight process, including "boxed warnings".
- Compare and contrast recently introduced drugs and changes in the therapeutic approach to various disease processes, including drugs used in mental health, drug addiction, pain management, cardiovascular health, diabetes, women's health, dementia and miscellaneous conditions.
- Appropriately counsel patients/clients on recently introduced drugs.
- Appropriately respond to questions and concerns from patients/clients on recent reports in the pharmacologic literature.
- Optimize pharmacologic therapy while minimizing drug-related problems.
- Describe and apply the Tennessee Department of Health's treatment guidelines on opioids, benzodiazepines, barbiturates and carisoprodol.
- Discuss recent advancements related to pediatric pharmacotherapy.